Mo Farah Plans to Run One More London Marathon, Hints at Retirement After 2023

Sir Mo Farah to End Career After Final London Marathon in April 2023 



Sir Mo Farah, the legendary British track athlete, announced that the 2023 London Marathon in April is likely to be his final competitive race. Farah, who missed last year's event due to injury, will be 40 by the time he takes part in the elite men's race. The veteran runner is eager for one last hurrah in front of his home fans. 



"It's been an amazing career and taking part in the London Marathon is a big deal for me," Farah said. "I was disappointed to miss the race last year and want to give it one more shot. I just want to get to the start line and see what I can do. My career is coming to an end, but I'll take it one race at a time." 



The Paris Olympics next year is unlikely to see Farah representing Team GB for the fourth time, but he could still represent his country in the World Championships held in Budapest later this year. Farah said, "2023 will probably be my last year, but if I get picked for my country, I wouldn't turn it down. Right now, I'm just focused on the London Marathon." 



Farah last appeared in London in 2019, finishing in 5th place, and third in 2018. He has been an inspiration to runners all around the world and his final appearance in the London Marathon is sure to be an emotional farewell to his fans. 





Post a Comment

0 Comments